Bob Graham Support (Part 2)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 OldShoes 26 Jul 2024

Hi all! I posted with a question on Bob Graham Round support several months ago (link at the end of this post) and got a lot of great guidance, as well as a fun side discussion on units of measurement. =)

I have since continued with the training, and things have been going well, including a really promising “three-quarters effort” trail run this past week (52 miles, 18000’ elevation, 16h42m on similarly challenging terrain, link at the end) that registered at 0.63 relative to the Naismith time.

I am going to move forward and target an Aug 20 round, 24:30 pace, with a 2:00 AM start time. I have reached out to a few Facebook groups and have support for Legs 2 and 3, but still looking for pacers for Legs 1, 4, and 5. If anyone is interested and available, let me know.

Thanks so much!!

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/running/bob_graham_support_for_an_over...

https://strava.app.link/eSnhGuTXxLb

montyjohn 26 Jul 2024
In reply to OldShoes:

How close am I?

Phil1919 26 Jul 2024
In reply to OldShoes:

Good luck.

ablackett 27 Jul 2024
In reply to OldShoes:

24:30 pace? Did I read that right? You know it’s not a Bob Graham Round if it takes over 24 hours right? It’s just a big day (and a bit) out on Lakeland hills. 

I’m partly joking here, but why not a 24h schedule? Or do you mean 24:30/mile? 

Pedro50 27 Jul 2024
In reply to ablackett:

24.30/miles would equate to about 28 hours though.

climberchristy 27 Jul 2024
In reply to ablackett:

I assumed it was a typo and OP maybe meant 23.30 pace? 

OP OldShoes 28 Jul 2024
In reply to ablackett:

So sorry for the confusion! Yes, I am aware that the round is meant to be completed in under 24 hours. I made a typo and meant to write that I will be pacing myself for a 23h30m schedule. Thanks for catching that.

Phil1919 28 Jul 2024
In reply to OldShoes:

Yes, shame to run 30 mins over before realising it doesn't count : )

OP OldShoes 28 Jul 2024
In reply to montyjohn:

Pretty close! I think the only thing you missed was the frantic internal monologue after mile 27 when a temporary crown in the back of my mouth unexpectedly shattered after biting down on a snack…it ended up being fine, but I spent some time there worrying that I would be needing to deal with significant tooth pain for the next eight hours.

In reply to OldShoes:

Not sure why but I remembered this thread earlier. 

Dare we ask....?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...