Edale Cross Rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 24 May 2024

Very simple question - where exactly are they?

I was perusing  Kinder Southern Edges and noticed Edale Cross Rocks as one of the buttresses described and the routes have the Rockfax icon by them meaning they should be in a Rockfax guide. But looking in my Western Grit and on the app I can't find mention of them. Unfortunately Over The Moors, the BMC guide, is one I don't have as I presume they are in there?

Dave Garnett 24 May 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Yes, they're in Over the Moors.  OS Ref SK 078863, near the top of Jacob's Ladder.

OP TobyA 24 May 2024
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Cheers Dave! I might go and check it out tomorrow early doors before the rain arrives.

Offwidth 24 May 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Nice place.

mrphilipoldham 25 May 2024
In reply to TobyA:

5 minutes north of the cross on the bridleway. Can’t miss them coming from Sheffield side. Hidden behind the hill from Hayfield, but obvious once you’re near. Swine’s Back on the OS map.

OP TobyA 25 May 2024
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Not sure why I hadn't noticed the rocks before, I've walked past those rocks at least a dozen times before, maybe more. Duh. I guess Edale Rocks mmThanks all for the advice anyway - I was up there this morning after yet another enjoyable scramble up Crowden Clough. I wasn't overly impressed with Edale Cross Rocks, but they were green and a bit slimy despite the sun. I didn't bother to change my boots for rock shoes in the end, but did a mod and diff to test my hiking boots on green slime all the same! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...