Pen Llŷn Guidebook OUT NOW

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Long regarded as the exclusive playground of the climbing elite, Pat Littlejohn and Mick Lovatt reveal the Llŷn Peninsula as a destination for any adventurous climber eager to discover a largely unknown part of North Wales. 

With hundreds of new routes, Pen Llŷn offers unmatched variety: from the granite outcrops and towering sea-cliffs of northern Llŷn to the awesome walls of Cilan Head and Craig Dorys; from the suntrap zawns of Trwyn Maen Melyn to the amenable quarries of Ty'n Tywyn. With a wealth of both new trad and sport climbs, there is something here for everyone.

Stunning photography, detailed approach maps, accurate topos and comprehensive route descriptions make this an easy-to-use guidebook, and promise climbing on Pen Llŷn to be an accessible and unmissable experience...

Cover: Mick Lovatt on Safe as Milk, (E7 6a),
Craig Dorys, photo by Jethro Kiernan

Buy Now

mike lawrence? 11 Jun 2024
In reply to The Climbers' Club:

And it's brilliant so great thanks to all involved!

Andy Moles 12 Jun 2024

Mick's trying awfully hard on that E4 on the cover...

Post edited at 11:55
In reply to Andy Moles:

> Mick's trying awfully hard on that E4 on the cover...

Just updated that. It was wrong within the copy that we were sent. I should have spotted it, but alas - didn't. 

Andy Moles 13 Jun 2024
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Let's hope there aren't too many grades that far out in the rest of the guidebook!

oscaig 21 Jun 2024

Great guide guys well set out and really inspiring. Not an area I've been to in the past but I've now got a bunch of new crags and routes for my wish list.

Cheers

Mark Collins 27 Jun 2024

Are there any 3 star VS's in there does anyone know please?

Alex Riley 28 Jun 2024
In reply to Mark Collins:

There aren't many three star routes in the book (perhaps intentionally so), but there are some areas with a decent selection of lower grades in nice settings, like  Trwyn yr Wylfa Area

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...