What to wear?!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BRILLBRUM 26 Jul 2024

I do t know how we collectively missed this, my Buffalo is obviously not cutting it …

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/gallery/2024/jul/26/what-to-wear-for-a-...

In reply to BRILLBRUM:

"What wear for a hike?"

Oh dear, that's going to upset the curmudgeons...

stani 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

Wow..... haha

Good find this! 

Barmy how this stuff is actually published 😆

Andy DB 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

I can't believe there is no mention of RonHills! Preferably actual vintage ones from the 90's which are now slightly baggy.

Tom Valentine 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

This from the same publication that has for the third time shown up on my FB feed with an article about how to avoid the crowds in the Pennines by heading for Snowdonia.

girlymonkey 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

How did they get access to my wardrobe?!? That is exactly what I wear when I go on a hike! I might need to change my style now that you will all be copying me!

Frank R. 26 Jul 2024

"Put your best food [sic!] forward with our crop of walking gear"

I hate it when I snub the toe of my food after getting of the wrong side of my bad in the morning and not wearing my crops...

"Sam Deaman is fashion assistant across the Guardian and Observer"

I thought they were a LLM bot at first, but then there would have been much more text in the article, and better written as well. So, "fashion assistant" is the new buzzword for unpaid summer intern, then?

In reply to BRILLBRUM:

£175 for a bucket hat?!

RX-78 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

I like one of the.articles is a plastic free t-shirt. Maybe like one made of cotton??

RX-78 26 Jul 2024
In reply to Stuart Williams:

The orange bumbag (or cross body as they call it) is only £255, bargain.

dread-i 26 Jul 2024
In reply to RX-78:

> The orange bumbag (or cross body as they call it) is only £255, bargain.

If I were a cynic, I might suggest that they get these things for free and in return promote them. 

But, if one has to hike from the Range Rover, across the village green, to the boutique hotel, this is what one should be wearing.

OP BRILLBRUM 26 Jul 2024
In reply to dread-i:

TBF - if you look at this article in terms of ‘going for a hike’ and the American approach that you see when it’s ‘celebs’ going for a wander in the LA/Hollywood hills, this kit is bang on especially as this is what the terms of reference will be for the author and their target reader, not us hairy ME/Ron Hill/Bufallo/Patagucci/Rab bargain bucket and cast-off wearing fashion abominations.

Michael Hood 26 Jul 2024
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> This from the same publication that has for the third time shown up on my FB feed with an article about how to avoid the crowds in the Pennines by heading for Snowdonia.

Were they wrong? 😁

mik82 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

With all those choices at least:

1) The footwear seems sensible

2) Easily spotted if things go wrong

Tom Valentine 26 Jul 2024
In reply to Michael Hood:

I can't prove it but I suspect that for every person climbing the highest hill in the Pennines there will be hundreds climbing the highest hill in Snowdonia.

cwarby 26 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

Better or worse?

Ciro 26 Jul 2024
In reply to Stuart Williams:

> £175 for a bucket hat?!

That was the first thing that struck me. If you want to wear that hat, you should be paying a fiver for it and spending the rest on party drugs and bottled water.

deepsoup 26 Jul 2024
In reply to RX-78:

> I like one of the.articles is a plastic free t-shirt. Maybe like one made of cotton??

Nit picking a bit, but I suspect most cotton t-shirts wouldn't be 'plastic free' on account of being sewn together with polyester thread.

Michael Hood 27 Jul 2024

> I can't prove it but I suspect that for every person climbing the highest hill in the Pennines there will be hundreds climbing the highest hill in Snowdonia.

Undoubtedly, maybe you missed my humour point that in Snowdonia you would be avoiding the Pennine crowds.

Tom Valentine 28 Jul 2024
In reply to Michael Hood

It's the way you tell 'em.  

Michael Hood 28 Jul 2024

> It's the way you tell 'em.  

They come over even worse in person 😁

Gordonbp 28 Jul 2024
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

"Hiking shoes" THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY quid? REALLY?

Rob Exile Ward 28 Jul 2024
In reply to Gordonbp:

Um ... I can't think the absence of overtrousers suggests this stuff is more suitable for walking down the high street than on High Street.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...