Eager to get out in the lake district, to climb 🧗🏼‍♀️

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Looking to meet climbing buddies to explore the lake district rock

📍 Northern lakes based

Relatively new to climbing (hence finding it difficult to meet climbing buddies as I got into it solo)

Safe, eager, enthusiastic, love epic mountain days, multi-pitch relatively easy climbing 

Learning to lead easy routes, or can second harder

Got a rack, rope... Who wants to climb?

Iain Brown 23 Jul 2024
In reply to TheSamWayOfLife:

Experienced climber here with a spare day tomorrow if that is any use? I was just going to escape for a round of the fells but could switch to relaxing climbing mode somewhere like Combe Ghyll or Grey Crag?

Iain

Anhibian 23 Jul 2024

Hi, have you considered joining the Keswick Mountain Club (or another local club)?

the KMC head out once or twice a week to various crags, majority of members are climbing D-VS grades. The club has been great for me starting out with trad last year as I’ve learnt lots from various folk.

Alaister 24 Jul 2024

Hi Sam,

I've dropped you a message. Let me know if you want to go for a climb

Alaister

Hey Iain, I only just saw your message, damnit

Are you available any other days?

yarrow 26 Jul 2024

Hey! There's an informal group of folk who meet up ~weekly in the evening, either at the wall in keswick or outside during the summer - all sorted via a WhatsApp group. Drop me a message if you like and I'll send some details.

Harry

Iain Brown 27 Jul 2024

Yes should have some days to get out in the next week. Probably aiming for somewhere higher up with the warmer weather!

RossB23 01 Aug 2024

Hi Sam,

If you're near Penrith these are active weekly and have a growing number of people going along to their meets. I'm sure they'd be happy to have you along and also encourage you to lead more. Have a look at their site, there's a meet programme on there.

https://evmc.co.uk/

They're BMC affiliated if you join so you get discounts in shops.

Cheers

Dino Dave 01 Aug 2024

Hi Sam, I'm in a similar position to you (looking for lakes-based climbing partners). Happy to get out climbing sometime if you are - I've sent you a message with more info

Thanks,

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...